The Gift

> > Four brothers left home for college, and they became successful doctors
> and
> > lawyers and prospered.
> >
> >
> > Some years later, they chatted after having dinner together. They
> discussed
> > the gifts they were able to give their elderly mother who lived far away
> in
> > another city.
> >
> >
> > The first said, "I had a big house built for Mama."
> >
> >
> > The second said, " I had a hundred thousand dollar theater built in the
> > house."
> >
> >
> > The third said, "I had my Mercedes dealer deliver an SL600 to her."
> >
> >
> > The fourth said, "You know how Mama loved reading the Bible and you know
> she
> > can't read anymore because she can't see very well. I met this preacher
> who
> > told me about a parrot that can recite the entire bible. It took twenty
> > preachers 12 years to teach him. I had to pledge to contribute $100,000
a
> > year for twenty years to the church, but it was worth it. Mama just has
to
> > name the chapter and verse and the parrot will recite it."
> >
> >
> > The other brothers were impressed.
> >
> >
> > After the holidays Mom sent out her Thank You notes.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > She wrote:
> >
> >
> > Milton, the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I
> have
> > to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."
> >
> >
> > "Michael, you gave me an expensive theater with Dolby sound, it could
hold
> > 50 people, but all of my friends are dead, I've lost my hearing and I'm
> > nearly blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the
same."
> >
> >
> > "Marvin, I am too old to travel. I stay home, I have my groceries
> delivered,
> > so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks."
> >
> >
> > "Dearest Melvin, you were the only son to have the good sense to give a
> > little thought to your gift. The chicken was delicious. Thank you."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THOSE WHO ARE BORN IN THE 50s and 60s/ early '70s in Msia

discussions on an airplane

2 cute boys